Mr. Scott was a founding partner of the firm and currently serves as Of Counsel. His practice focuses on employment law, representing both employers and employees, and corporate law, representing businesses from start-ups through established companies. Mr. Scott advises clients on non-competition, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements, in addition to employee policies, hiring and firing, employment reviews, employment handbooks, and complying with state and federal employment laws.
Mr. Scott’s corporate experience includes serving as de facto general counsel for small businesses requiring assistance with corporate formation, corporate governance and contract drafting. Mr. Scott has handled both private company mergers and business acquisitions. Prior to founding the firm Mr. Scott served as an Associate at major international law firms.
While attending Boston University School of Law, Mr. Scott was a Note Development Editor of the Law Review and worked as a research assistant for law school professors.
Mr. Scott was selected as a New England Super Lawyer – Rising Star by his peers in 2015 and 2016.
Mr. Scott is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and New York. He is also admitted to practice in the Federal District Court of Massachusetts.
- Successfully negotiated and closed merger of two national construction supplier groups, combining several entities into one corporate structure.
- Successfully closed business acquisition on behalf of a growing restaurant chain.
- Represent growing restaurant company regarding a variety of corporate and employment matters.
- Draft customer contracts for professional photographers.
- Represent several employers seeking guidance on hiring, firing and non-competition agreements.
- Represent physician management company with respect to corporate governance, contract drafting and employment advice.
- Represent mechanical design and development company with respect to licensing agreements, corporate governance and other business matters.
- Successfully secured a newspaper retraction on behalf of two scientists.
- Successfully defend against claims of trade secret misappropriation.
- Represent employees seeking compensation for suffering sexual harassment and a hostile workplace environment.
- Successfully settled claims for wrongful termination.
- Successfully settled claims for employees seeking reasonable accommodations for disabilities.
- Successfully settled claims for discharged employees seeking unpaid wages and benefits.
- Successfully resolved disputes with service providers on behalf of commercial landlords.
- Successfully resolved claims regarding violation of wiretap laws.
- Successfully resolved disputes between business partners.
- Secured an eviction on behalf of a commercial landlord.
- Secured asylum for a Ugandan refugee.