Ms. Jacobs is an associate of the firm whose practice focuses on civil litigation and transactional law in a variety of business areas. She represents clients in all stages of civil litigation, including mediations and arbitrations, and has specific experience with public and private construction litigation, business defamation, and general business disputes. Ms. Jacobs also assists clients with their commercial needs and her transactional practice focuses on business formation, corporate document and agreement drafting, and various real estate transactions.
Prior to joining Strang Scott as an associate, Ms. Jacobs was a summer associate at the firm. Ms. Jacobs received her Juris Doctor from the Boston University School of Law. While in law school, she was a member and Note Editor of the American Journal of Law & Medicine, and received the Boston University School of Law Dean’s Award in Fiduciary Law. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Government & Politics and Psychology from the University of Maryland, College Park, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa.
Ms. Jacobs is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and the Federal District Court of Massachusetts.
- Second-chaired a successful mediation securing payment to a subcontractor alleging violation of the Competitive Bidding Statute and deficient design documents.
- Second-chaired multi-day Arbitration on behalf of restaurant owners involved in build-out dispute with a general contractor.
- Successfully obtained mechanic’s lien dissolution on behalf of a general contractor for the removal of an improperly obtained project lien.
- Experience with multi-state federal litigation motion practice.
- Assisted with the formation and drafting of corporate documents for various start up business ventures.
- Assisted with the review of commercial lease transactions for large biotech and pharmaceutical companies in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Assisted with the successful negotiation and closed business buyout on behalf of a growing restaurant chain.